The governors are pleased to be able to report another successful year throughout all aspects of the life of the school.
This success is achieved by the commitment and dedication of the students, teachers and support staff together with the support given by parents/carers and we congratulate them all.
Governing Bodies no longer have a legal duty to tell parents about what they’ve done for the school. However, Governors at Endon High School believe that it is both appropriate and important to tell you what our role is, and what we have been doing. For example, governors monitor the school’s budget and ensure that resources are allocated properly.
From the link on your right, we shall be attaching the termly minutes of the Full Governors’ meetings. This is a public document, and you have the right to see what work the governors have been doing to support the school. I hope you find them to be informative.
If you would like to contact the governors, please do so, through the Clerk to Governors, Mrs Sawyer (email@example.com).
There are ongoing changes and challenges ahead for education; the governing body will continue to meet them and to do all they can to ensure the school and its pupils maintain their high standards
Code of Conduct
Structure of Governors
Register of Pecuniary Interest
- pecuniary interests disclosed 2014 15
- pecuniary interests disclosed 2015 16
- pecuniary interests disclosed 2017 18
- Register of Interests Form 2018 19
- Governor attendance Autumn 2015 16
- Governor attendance Autumn 2016 17
- Governor attendance Spring 2015 16
- Governor Attendance Spring term 2016 17
- Register of Attendance Autumn term 2017 18
- Register of Attendance Spring 2017 18
- Register of attendance Spring 2019
- Register of Attendance Summer 2017
- Summer 2017 18 Governor attendance
- Summer Term Attendance 2015 16
- Full Governors minutes 13 2 19 approved 22 5 19
- Full Governors minutes 24 5 17 approved by governors 13 7 17
- Full Governors minutes 4 7 18 approved by Governors 23 10 18
- Full Governors minutes 15 2 18 approved by Governors 23 5 18
- Full Governors meeting 25 3 15 approved by governors 6 11 14
- Full Governors meeting 6 11 14 approved at governors meeting held on 25 3 15
- Full Governors meeting 24 5 16 ratified by governors 18 10 16
- Full Governors meeting 24 2 16 approved by governors 24 5 16
- Full Governors meeting 22 5 15 approved 21 10 15
- Full Governors meeting 21 10 15 approved by Governors 24 2 16
- Minutes of the Governing Body meeting held on 12 2 13 approved by Governors May 2013
- Minutes of the Governing Body 4 6 13 approved by governors 22 10 13
- Minutes of the Governing Body 22 10 13 approved by Governors 13 2 14
- Minutes of the Governing Body 17 10 12 approved 12 2 13
- Minutes of the Governing Body 13 2 14 Auth orise by governors 2 6 14
- 1 Full Governors minutes 14 2 17 ratified by governors 24 5 17
- Minutes of the Full Governors meeting 2nd June 2014 approved by governors 6 11 14
- Full Governors minutes 23 5 18 approved by governors 4 7 18
- Full Governors minutes 23 10 18 approved by governors 13 2 19
- Full Governors minutes 18 10 16 ratified by governors 14 2 17
- Full Governors minutes 17 10 17 approved by governors 15 2 18
The Governing Body, with the Headteacher, has overall responsibility for the running of the school. Governing bodies have three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
No special qualifications are needed and the most important thing is to have a keen interest in the school and be prepared to play an active part in the governing body’s work.
However, we would like to know the skills of governors and ask that the attached proforma is completed and returned together with the nomination form. Training is available for all governors and this governing body has an expectation that those new to being a governor, attend free induction training.
The enclosed sheet summarises the circumstances under which someone cannot serve as a governor. In addition, parents/carers who have paid employment in the school for 500 or more hours per academic year or who are elected members of the Local Authority, are not eligible to stand in these elections.
If you are interested in becoming a governor at Endon High School please complete the enclosed nomination form and return it to the school. You may also include a short personal statement to support your nomination, which should be no longer than 250 words.
Please click below to download the application pack